The National Auto Auction Association’s Standards Training Program will host two days of hands-on vehicle inspections and arbitration training in Orlando, Fla., on Thursday and Friday.
Classes will be instructed by Manheim director of arbitration Matt Arias, who will cover damage analysis on day-one and arbitration on day-two.
Day-one will center on how to inspect and identify areas of risk such as:
- What the inspections cover or not
- Interior damage
- Vehicle information
- Trim and series/model breakdowns
- Prior repairs
- Ways to streamline without sacrificing quality
- Structural damage
- Ways to measure effectiveness for continuous improvement
- Exterior damage
Day-two will cover the following topics concerning arbitration:
- Understanding stakeholder’s perspectives
- Mutual gains vs. fixed pie negotiation
- Sustaining or improving your bottom line
- Mediation vs. arbitration
- Arbitration policy sync and update
- Scenario training
- Know your best alternative to negotiated
- Agreement benchmarking
The classes are $500 each and $750 for both.
Hotel accommodations include the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort and the Florida Hotel at the Florida Mall, where participants can request the Manheim Central Florida rates of $123 and $129 per night, respectively.
In addition to serving as the intermediary for arbitration claims and mediation at Manheim, Arias is responsible for operational support and continuous improvement activities of auction operations, auction policies and arbitration departments.