Along with forging a new strategic partnership with Spireon, software provider AutoStar Solutions highlighted details behind Fusion 2, a new generation of dealer management system (DMS) for buy-here, pay-here dealerships, independent stores and auto finance companies.
The company highlighted Fusion 2, or F2, will eventually replace AutoStar’s current Fusion DMS.
AutoStar insisted F2 is the first DMS to offer complete customer relationship management (CRM) and accounting capabilities in one user interface. It can provides managers with:
• Functionality centered on the customer, not the contract: Dealers can benefit from a 360-degree view of the customer relationship. This includes easy access to all a customer’s accounts on one screen, as well as the ability to update information and post payments to multiple accounts simultaneously.
• Automated workflows and more options for customization: F2 developers found new ways to automate highly manual tasks, while also employing customization that boosts user efficiency, accuracy — and ultimately — profitability. For example, when an account goes into repo status, F2 can email an order to the local repo agent, create a task for the repo clerk to send the proper paperwork and set future follow-up dates — all without any effort from the user. Throughout that entire repo process, the experiences of each employee can be fully tailored based on their role in the business.
• A single user-friendly interface: Unlike other DMS options, which operate on separate software programs and only link to each other, AutoStar explained F2 is built on an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system. This structure can enable robust CRM and accounting functionality from within the same program.
“Case in point — a single transaction triggers accounting throughout the entire system, instead of only in one place and requiring multiple manual steps for the rest,” the company said. “Inventory, leasing, sales, payments, collections, accounting schedules, reporting and more are available in a single consistent, intuitive interface. No other DMS offers this level of comprehensive functionality without requiring users to navigate multiple programs.”
• Custom dashboards: Users can set their own analytics, tables and charts that appear after sign-in, completely tailored with data that matters to them.
• Functionality for buy-here, pay-here dealers, independent stores, point-of-sale and bulk purchase lenders: AutoStar’s previous Fusion software focused on BHPH needs, while F2 includes front-and back-end aftermarket products, value guides, flexible commission formulas, and a host of other features specific to retail dealers. F2’s loan origination and servicing capabilities also can make the software a fit for finance companies.
• Access from any device with a Web browser: AutoStar indicated this functionality includes smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs. Built on the latest cloud technology, F2 uses a Web interface that automatically can resize to dynamically fit any device — without requiring custom applications.
F2 will begin rolling out to independent dealers this October. BHPH dealers and finance companies can access F2 starting in the spring of next year.
“F2 is the culmination of more than four years of intense research, development, and — most importantly — listening to Fusion users,”, AutoStar’s president and chief executive officer Allen Dobbins said.
“This product completely reinvents the concept of a DMS. There are no piece-meal improvements here. Just a ground-up rebuild of what the ultimate DMS should look like, helping dealers achieve maximum efficiency and profits. I can confidently say F2 will be a tough act to follow,” Dobbins continued.
Interested users can learn more about F2 at AutoStar’s seventh annual Innovate conference, which runs from Sept. 21 through Sept. 24 at the Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center in Grapevine, Texas.
In addition to nine different industry-related tracks, such as compliance and technology, attendees can choose from back-to-back classes in a track solely devoted to uncovering all of F2’s benefits.
AutoStar expects more than 500 attendees at this year’s conference, as well as major exhibitors and financial institutions that will showcase the latest dealership technology, best practices and industry solutions.
To register for Innovate, visit http://innovate.autostarsolutions.com, where users can build and save their own customized event schedule. Those who would rather go mobile can tailor their schedules with the Guidebook app, available at http://guidebook.com/g/innovate2014.
Spireon, AutoStar Partner on Mobile Asset Tracking
Spireon formed a new strategic partnership to integrate its GoldStar CMS enhanced mobile platform with AutoStar Solutions’ Fusion dealer management software (DMS). Officials emphasized the GoldStar CMS integration is meant to give BHPH dealers access to one of the industry’s leading GPS automotive collateral management business intelligence within the AutoStar environment.
The GoldStar CMS mobile platforms can enable dealerships and finance companies to quickly and effectively track their assets and recover vehicles using any smartphone or tablet. Through an easy-to-use and optimized interface, dealers and lenders can access vehicle locations as well as reliable real-time vehicle information from any browser, without downloading an app.
The company pointed out GoldStar CMS backs this reliability with the industry’s first Pure Gold Performance guarantee that ensures 99.9 percent application uptime.
"Using a GPS collateral management system as a means to locate vehicles and remind customers that they are delinquent is becoming more and more of the norm among independent car dealers,” said Antonio Rajan, AutoStar Solutions’ chief revenue officer.
“To be able to do this from within a DMS just makes business sense,” Rajan continued. “Partnering with Spireon allows car dealers to enjoy the benefits of seamless technology integration between two giants of the industry. This is a huge partnership on all fronts.”
With GoldStar CMS, BHPH dealers have access to:
— Single click, real-time vehicle location
— Device history reporting
— Mobile access to real-time information, anytime
— Powerful and robust reporting suite
— Geographic features including GeoFences & GeoZones
— Robust user access security administration
— Schedule and group vehicle command options
“GoldStar CMS Mobile brings our automotive customers the latest features and functionality for effective collateral management, vehicle tracking and risk mitigation, putting powerful actionable business intelligence right at their fingertips,” said Brad Jarvis, chief marketing officer of Spireon.
“Integrating this powerful technology with AutoStar’s industry-leading dealer management software provides BHPH dealers the freedom to grow their business with the assurance they can quickly and easily locate and track a vehicle on-demand as circumstances require,” Jarvis added.
For Pennsylvania-based dealer DriveHere.com — an operation that specializes in leasing vehicles to drivers who are “just starting out” — the partnership of GoldStar CMS enhanced mobile platform with AutoStar’s DMS means simplification and security.
“We can now easily track vehicles regardless of location through a very simple mobile interface, and that helps us mitigate our risk and allow the collectors to spend more time with customers,” said Pablo Martin, general manager at DriveHere.com.
“The integrated solution provides a tremendous peace of mind that we will be able to locate and recover a vehicle as warranted,” Martin went on to say.