GWC Warranty is opening 2019 with a reinforced staff to highlight its used-vehicle service contracts sold through dealers.
The company recently announced the addition of Andrew Huber as its new product strategy manager.
As a member of the marketing department, Huber will be responsible for managing GWC’s suite of products while evaluating new opportunities for innovative product enhancements, all in an effort to ensure GWC Warranty’s products are effectively meeting the needs of its automotive industry partners.
Prior to joining GWC Warranty, Huber held several progressive positions in product management with companies such as The Home Depot, Harland Clarke and Georgia’s Own Credit Union.
GWC Warranty caps year of charitable giving
In other company news, GWC Warranty recently completed a year of charitable activities in support of local causes in northeastern Pennsylvania.
Charitable donations and activities in 2019 included:
• A Relay For Life team sponsorship in support of the American Cancer Society
• Lead sponsorship for the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Goal In One Golf Tournament, which supports the Penguins GOALS Foundation
• Sponsor for the Commission on Economic Opportunity (CEO) Food 4 Kids program, which provides lunches to underprivileged children during the summer months
• A donation of more than 200 pet items as part of a Cutest Pet Competition in support of the SPCA of Luzerne County
• Sponsorship and participation as part of the local SPCA Walk For The Animals
• Monetary donations from employees resulting from a “Pink Out Day” shirt sale benefitting the Foundation For Cancer Care
• Volunteering and a donation of more than 400 food items during the CEO Weinberg Food Bank’s Thanksgiving project
• Monetary and toy donations as part of the VFW Post No. 396 toy drive
• 40 local children were provided with Christmas gifts thanks to employees who partook in the Salvation Army Angel Tree Program
“Two of GWC Warranty’s core values are Fair and Friendly, and it warms our hearts to see our employees live these honorable traits out in our communities,” said Jeanette Bogdon, vice president of human resources for GWC Warranty and APCO Holdings.
“We are proud to call northeastern Pennsylvania home and these charitable activities throughout the year serve as our way of giving back and showing our appreciation to the communities in which we live and work,” Bogdon went on to say.