Tuesday, Apr. 16, 2013, 02:00 AM UPDATED 9:13 AMBy Auto Remarketing Editor Joe Overby
CARY, N.C. -
In what we’re proud to call an annual tradition, Auto Remarketing dedicates a special section of our print publication each year to recognize the leading women of the remarketing and used-car business.
The 2013 Women in Remarketing program — sponsored by Ally Auto Remarketing — honors a class taking on a wide array of leadership opportunities, whether it’s leading through commitment to industry improvement, dedication to business excellence or contributing to the community.
This year’s honorees are as follows, in alphabetical order:
- Cheryl DeVries O’Brien, business manager, Kalamazoo Auto Auction
- Lisa Filippi-Alvarez, assistant manager of certified pre-owned vehicles, American Honda Motor Co.
- Anne Fleming, president and car-buying advocate, Women-Drivers.com
- Valerie Fuller, chief operating officer, FordDirect
- Isabelle Helms, senior director of research and marketing analytics, AutoTrader.com
- Rebecca Hewitt, director of remarketing, World Omni Financial Corp.
- Alison Ouchi, operations manager, central fraud and termination letter team, Ally Financial
- Julie Picard, market vice president for the Pacific market, Manheim
- Jenell Ross, president, Bob Ross Auto Group; chair, AIADA
- Sue Saris, executive assistant, NAAA
- Lisa Scott, senior vice president, ADESA Canada and OPENLANE
- Patty Stanley, co-owner, Carolina Auto Auction and Indiana Auto Auction; vice president, ServNet
- Laura Taylor, general manager, Charleston Auto Auction
Each of these ladies honored in our Women in Remarketing program takes on different responsibilities within the industry, and the companies they represent encompass a diverse cross-section of the used-car market. And every one of this year’s Women in Remarketing honorees has a unique story to tell beyond the business world, too.
We would like to wish a congratulations to these outstanding women. We would also like to thank all our readers who sent in nominations. While there are many more leading ladies worthy of recognition, we could not spotlight all the nominees, as we are only able to recognize a select few each year.
But stay tuned to Auto Remarketing e-newsletters, as we will conduct another call for nominations for this honor early next year.
For more on these leaders of the used-car business, see the print and digital versions of the April 15-30 issue of Auto Remarketing.