More than ever, we’re seeing businesses take a holistic approach to marketing. Social Media marketing is no longer something you do as an afterthought. Businesses are taking steps to integrate content creation within their organization. There was so much growth in 2014 and now we’re seeing that Social Media and Content Marketing will be even bigger in 2015.
- Over 70% of US online adults use some form of social media networking. (Pew Internet Research)
- Social Media marketing budgets are projected to double over the next 5 years. (Social Fresh)
- Marketers will spend $8.3 billion on Social Media advertising in 2015. (NewsCred)
Your business will either capitalize on these trends to drive more leads and sales…or not.
New developments and changes are a constant in Social Media and content marketing. Trends come and go, and without spending most of your time immersed in it, Social Media can seem like a deep, dark forest with no way out. Thank goodness there are those of us who DO spend a lot of time in the forest and can become a sherpa for those unsure of their path.
Here are my top Social Media and Content Marketing predictions for 2015:
- Budgets continue to shift out of traditional advertising and into Social Media and Social Advertising.
- Owned media (content hubs, blogs) will become more prevalent, driving consumer trust.
- Content marketing gets the budget it deserves.
- TV advertising budgets will decline by more than 10%.
- Banner ads (not-including video or mobile) will also continue to decline.
- Video production inside companies (such as dealerships) becomes more consistent.
- Marketers will focus on entertaining and informing their customers through storytelling using all forms of media – video, images and text.
- Employees are tapped for their expertise and encouraged to contribute to brand-owned media (Social Media and blog content).
- Companies will take a more holistic approach to their marketing strategy by integrating website, blog, SEO, SEM, Social Media and Social advertising to reach goals.
- Social Selling becomes an integral part of the sales process.
- Online reviews will continue to influence buyers as businesses establish internal processes to capture those loyal, happy customers’ opinions.
- Customer experience comes to the forefront as programs to drive word-of-mouth online are integrated into marketing plans.
- ROI will be easier to identify as goals become more defined and scrutinized.
I know from being out on the front lines with prospects, clients and even the manufacturers, that many are still not convinced Social Media and content marketing is for them…or that it even works. I actually had the president of a large auto group recently say to me, “I think all this online stuff and social media is fad.”
The Internet is a forest full of Social saplings.
A few of those saplings will grow tall and get all the sunshine and attention, while shading out all the rest (just like Cal Worthington did on TV, all those years ago).
Being in the undergrowth sucks.
There’s still time to grow up and become a mighty tree. Somebody’s going to do it, why not you?
Unsure where to start? Get your marketing on-track with our FREE check-up! –>Here
The post Top Social Media and Content Marketing Trends for 2015 appeared first on Kruse Control Inc.