In an effort to meet a $25,000 fundraising goal that will benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, NextGear Capital is gearing up to launch a week-long national charity initiative on Monday.
NextGear Capital announced Thursday that a dollar from every car purchased at 22 participating U.S. auctions located across the country will be donated to the Memphis, Tenn.-based children’s research hospital as part of its first-ever “National Charity Week.”
“Supporting communities in which we work and live is one of our core values,” NextGear Capital senior director of community relations Patty Turner said in a news release. “I am excited to see this new initiative come to life and work with both our auction and dealer clients in communities across the nation. Our clients share our values of community support, and we look forward to working together.”
The 22 auctions participating in the company's six-day charitable promotion for St. Jude include:
- 1st Choice Auto Auction, Houston, Texas
- Akron Auto Auction, Akron, Ohio
- All Valley Dealer Auto Auction, North Hollywood, Calif.
- Alliance Auto Auction of Dallas, Dallas
- BA&W Enterprises - San Antonio Auto Auction, Live Oak, Texas
- Capital City Auto Auction, St Albans, W.Va.
- Columbus Fair Auto Auction, Columbus, Ohio
- Crosspoint NW, Portland, Ore.
- Greensboro Auto Auction, Greensboro, N.C.
- Kansas City Independent Auto Auction, Kansas City, Mo.
- Lynnway Auto Auction, North Billerica, Mass.
- Metro Auto Auction Phoenix, Phoenix
- Metro Auto Auction Dallas, Lewisville, Texas
- Music City Auto Auction, Spring Hill, Tenn.
- North Bay Auto Auction, Fairfield, Calif.
- Orlando Longwood Auto Auction, Longwood, Fla.
- Quincy Auto Auction, Quincy, Mass.
- South Florida Auto Auction, Lauderdale Lakes, Fla.
- Southern Auto Auction, East Windsor, Conn.
- Speedway Auto Auction of Charlotte, Concord, N.C.
- State Line Auto Auction, Waverly, N.Y.
Additionally, NextGear Capital's inaugural “National Charity Week” comes just a few weeks ahead of the St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer in Indianapolis on Sept. 29, which NextGear Capital said it will sponsor for a third consecutive year.
According to NextGear Capital, it has raised over $30,000 since 2016 for St. Jude in support of research focused on finding cures and providing care for children.