Wholesale vehicles with dents, dings, squeaky wheels and other mechanical hiccups near the Alamo now can be buffed and repaired by Manheim more efficiently.
To deliver a better way for clients to do business and prepare for their growing needs, Manheim recently invested $1.8 million in a new 11,000 square-foot mechanic shop for Manheim San Antonio. The expanded and upgraded facility is designed to offer enhanced service to dealers, commercial consignors and vehicle mobility providers.
“This new facility strengthens our ability to deliver outstanding reconditioning services and end-to-end solutions to our clients,” said Mike Browning, general manager of Manheim San Antonio.
“With a larger operation, advanced equipment and skilled mechanics, we can repair more wholesale and retail vehicles and meet marketplace needs,” Browning continued.
To celebrate the grand opening of the new facility on Nov. 9, the leadership team at Manheim San Antonio held a ribbon-cutting ceremony for employees and local business leaders.
The Manheim San Antonio mechanic shop now supports a staff of 26, including 22 mechanics who can work even more efficiently thanks to:
• 14 lifts and two drive-up alignment racks
• Separate tire work shop with balancers, tire machines and a brake lathe
• Large parts room plus work areas for team member training
“Manheim continues to invest in facilities, equipment and training as we focus on the services most needed by our clients — today and tomorrow — including those in the mobility and fleet sectors,” said Nick Boris, regional vice president for Manheim.
This is just one of Manheim’s many facility investments announced this year. For example, funding of the Manheim San Antonio mechanic shop comes on the heels of:
• Completion of its $400 million auction and process transformation
• $7 million investment at Manheim Phoenix for facility enhancements, a new 26-acre lot that can handle about 4,000 more vehicles and expansion of a nearby road to ease inbound and outbound traffic
• $6 million investment in sustainability and security enhancements for Manheim Texas Hobby
• $2.7 million move to enhanced, combined offices in Phoenix for Ready Logistics and Central Dispatch
“Strong support from leadership coupled with our amazing team members enabled Manheim San Antonio be named among the Auto Remarketing Best Auto Auctions to Work For in 2018,” Browning added.
In addition, Manheim San Antonio team members volunteer for the American GI Forum National Veterans Outreach Program which addresses housing, employment and training needs of homeless, disabled and elderly veterans. And, over the last four years, they also donated their time and thousands of pounds of food to the San Antonio Food Bank.