As part of Auto Remarketing’s Top 100 Used Car Dealers: Franchised Edition, we highlight some of the leading lenders in the space.
The Top Used-Car Lenders Among Franchised Dealers ranking is based on data from Experian Automotive, which includes the top 20 lenders with the greatest share of used-car loan origination units among franchised dealers in 2018.
The Experian data includes dealers in 33 states.
The top 20 rankings can be found below, with each lender and their respective share of franchised dealer used-car financing in 2018.
1. ALLY 6.87%
2. CAPITAL ONE AUTO FINANCE 6.13%
3. WELLS FARGO AUTO FINANCE 4.34%
4. SANTANDER CONSUMER FINANCE 2.64%
5. TOYOTA FINANCIAL SERVICES 2.47%
6. BANK OF AMERICA 2.41%
7. CHASE AUTO FINANCE 2.31%
8. CREDIT ACCEPTANCE CORP 1.82%
9. TD AUTO FINANCE 1.54%
10. HUNTINGTON NATIONAL BANK 1.47%
11. AMERICAN HONDA FINANCE 1.23%
12. PNC BANK 1.19%
13. FORD MOTOR CREDIT 1.19%
14. NISSAN INFINITI FINANCIAL SERVICES 1.18%
15. 5TH 3RD BANK 1.11%
16.GM FINANCIAL AMERICREDIT 1.10%
17. BMW BANK OF NORTH AMERICA 1.10%
18. USAA FEDERAL SAVINGS BANK 1.05%
19. WESTLAKE FINANCIAL SERVICES 0.96%
20. US BANK 0.90%
SOURCE: Experian Automotive. Data is based on Top 20 lenders with the greatest share of used-car loan origination units among franchised dealers in 2018. Data includes dealers in 33 states.
The June 1 print and digital edition of Auto Remarketing is the first in a two-part series and focuses on franchised dealers.
Beyond the lender rankings above, we also highlight some of the strongest used-car selling franchised dealerships n the country. The dealer rankings data in this report is courtesy of Dominion Cross-Sell, which collects the information via state departments of motor vehicles